Phantom 25 encore cinema screenings

Phantom fever as the world’s best loved musical encores across 300 UK cinemas

Hot on the heels of box office success last month, The Phantom of the Opera’s spectacular 25th anniversary is granted a UK encore, with its epic Royal Albert Hall performance screened across 300 cinemas on Sunday 30th October. After a phenomenal response to its first screening, which grossed a record-breaking $1,000,000 in one evening throughout the UK, fans will now get a second chance to witness the magic in cinemas nationwide.

Due to unprecedented demand, the show will be broadcast across an extra 50 cinemas, having initially achieved the biggest result for any non-feature film big screen release in the UK to date.

For those wishing to relive the epic performance again and again, the concert will be released on Universal UK DVD, Blu-ray™, CD and download on Monday 14th November.

The breathtaking event, a once in a lifetime performance in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the world’s greatest musical, brought together a cast and orchestra of 200 led by Ramin Karimloo (The Phantom) and Sierra Boggess (Christine), both of whom were returning to roles for which they received international critical acclaim. They most recently shared the stage as ‘The Phantom’ and ‘Christine’ in the West End production of Love Never Dies.

The live, sell-out performance marked the climax of a three performance, gala production at the Royal Albert Hall that reunited original leads Michael Crawford (The Phantom) and Sarah Brightman (Christine Daae), in a memorable final curtain call.

In a night to remember, the special show streamed live via satellite to cinemas across the globe, bringing audiences to their feet for standing ovations. Showings in the UK saw the film leap to No. 1 on 2nd October and No. 3 in the total weekend box office chart, a result particularly notable given that the broadcast was limited to 255 screens.

7 Responses to Phantom 25 encore cinema screenings

1. Malcolm Douglas Porter says:

Which cinemas please???

2. Roslyn Worthington says:

I enjoyed seeing the 25th Anniversary production on screen in Sydney, in particular the finale where Sarah Brightman sang with four prior leading men including Anthony Warlow. I would like information about the other 3 leading men – one in particular caught my attention and i would love to get a CD of his, however don’t know his name – can anyone help please!

• Angie Bishop says:

The other 3 Phantoms were John Owen-Jones, Colm Wilkinson and Peter Joback (who I believe will appear in Phantom at Her Majesty’s in the near future). I was there on both Saturday and Sunday nights it was so amazing and to see Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford together again was a chance of a lifetime! What an experience I loved every minute.

3. Marit Rawley says:

I saw the show four weeks ago when it came to the screen in the U.S. & I loved it! Was thrilled to watched Sarah Brightman there! and some of the original members of Phantom. I look forward to when love never dies hits the U.S.

Phantom forever

4. Marit Rawley says:

Also, there better be an encore presentation coming to the U.S

5. Chris Vince says:

Went to see the encore screening last night … it was truly fantastic! I’d love you to do another screening, I’d be there in a flash!!!

6. Angie Bishop says:

I saw the film on Sunday it was amazing! It was so exciting as I was at the RAH at the live filming. Seeing it again brought this wonderful occasion back to life again. I can’t wait for 14th November when the DVD comes out so I can re-live it again and again