Andrew Lloyd Webber Welcomes New Phantom Leads in New York

post-header

Andrew Lloyd Webber was in New York on Monday (May 12) to welcome incoming stars Norm Lewis and Sierra Boggess to Broadway’s longest running show.

The award-winning composer greeted the stars at the Majestic Theatre on 247 West 44th Street before their first performance with the rest of the cast on Monday 12 May at 8pm.

Lewis will play the title role of the Phantom opposite Boggess, who reprises her role of the Phantom’s beautiful protégée Christine once more for eager fans. Read more details of their individual schedules here, as well as how to book tickets and show times here.

Lloyd Webber was also in New York last month promoting the spectacular new arena tour of his legendary rock musical Jesus Christ Superstar that kicks off from June in New Orleans, LA, and will visit 50 other spectacular arenas across North America.

7 Responses to Andrew Lloyd Webber Welcomes New Phantom Leads in New York

1. Peter Sonnberg says:

Frankly it is sad that the focus is his skin color and not his talent. Maybe not on Broadway but there have been black Phantoms. So tired of it. Congratulations on a wonderful opening night with a talented actor/singer

2. Erin O'Keefe says:

I only pray they will come preform in LA, Cali . It would be my dream to be able to experience Phantom
    With this wonderful cast!!! I first saw it when I was 16 years old and it change my life for the better!!
    I have raised all three of my daughters listening or sing the phantom every day, and the first song my granddaughter heard after being born was the music of the night!!! I have been be lest to see it three other time along with Cats, Jesus Christ Supper Star and many more. Thank you for bring Joy into my life and children’s life!!! Good luck in New York!!!! Hope to see you in LA
    Love Erin Kathleen O’Keefe

3. J.T. Culp says:

Norm Looks SO GOOOOOOOOOOOD as The Phantom

4. Meg Skerchak says:

Which dates will Sierra be doing matinees? The information given on the website seems to indicate she’ll be doing Thursday and Sunday matinees. Can you clarify.

Thanks,

Meg

5. michelle hayton says:

Very cool! This is my favorite musical and it gets me every time. I have been a fan since I was 13. I saw it twice in Toronto and was lucky enough to see the great Colm Wilkenson in the title roll! Way to go Norm Lewis! What a fantastic performer! The color of our skin does not matter, he totally captured the human heart and tortured soul of the phantom. I am so proud of him and the entire cast! I would love to see him live! My congratulations to the entire cast and crew!

6. Stephanie Pesando says:

I’m truly happy for our American brothers and sisters that they have a chance to see the 2014 PHANTOM OF THE OPERA tour. What about the Canadians?!!! We have some world class theatres too! And we’re part of the COMMONWEALTH!!! It’s just not fair! PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE, BRING PHANTOM 2014 TO CANADA TOO!
    Pathetic that I’m begging, but if you consider Canada – WHICH IS PART OF YOURS AND OURS HERITAGE- I will be forever grateful!!!

P.S. The BCATP programme during World War Two helped the American too! BE FAIR!

7. DIMITRIOS SOTIROPOULOS says: