It’s Halloween and the hallowed halls of the Opera Garnier are more haunted than ever. Try your hand at this Eric-inspired pumpkin carving, and share your best photos on social media using #PhantomPumpkin and we’ll share some of our favorites!
How to Safely Carve a Pumpkin:
- Use a keyhole saw to cut a hole in the top of the pumpkin.
- Scoop out the flesh, pulp, and seeds with a plaster scraper or fleshing tool.
- Affix the PHANTOM OF THE OPERA stencil to the pumpkin (tape will suffice), and trace the design by poking holes with a sharp awl, needle tool or T-pin.
- Remove the template and carve along the pattern with a miniature saw or carving tool.
- If desired, place candles, small flashlights, or battery-operated light sources inside your pumpkin.